What is your goal in life right now? Mine is to live a more healthy life where I eat more healthily and to exercise. Is it hard to do? To some people yes while for others it is their way of life that they cannot understand how anyone is not doing it? How that is these people are able to succeed while other fails miserably at what they are trying to achieve?
Honestly, it is about taking one day at a time and taking time to go over what one is doing, looking for what can improve and what can you do to make it easier. It is hard to get it all in. We humans are good at making excuses and taking defeat easily. Giving up is much easier than to continue fighting. Motivation is easily lost when one is not really motivated.
How is one able to be motivated to work out and to continue working out when there are children/family/fill in the blank as to what needs to be taken care off. One has to learn to take the time to take care of oneself. Now that is hard. Taking care of oneself means eating properly, getting enough sleep and to exercise.
I personally am not a television person so giving that up is easy. My weekday schedule is like this now. I wake up at 6am, zombie out a little in front on the laptop before I dress (my clothes and what is needed is all there all laid out) and go out for a walk/jog with the dog. I get home, get ready for work and off to work. By the time I am at work, I have been awake for 2 hours which means I am not zombified like I used to be before I start working out. I get home, I make dinner, eat it, clean the kitchen and make lunch for next day so that it will not be a rushed process the next morning as I hate to stress in the mornings before work. I then do some housework and spend time with the kid. By 8pm I am tired and start to get ready for bed. I am in bed by 830pm where I either sleep depending how tired I am or is in front of the laptop in bed. I never stay awake later than 930pm. There is nothing more important than good quality sleep.
Some people may point out that it is a boring life where there is no entertainment or what not that other people do for fun but it makes me happy. I am doing what I want and being rather productive. I do watch the occasional reality show that I follow in the weekend or is done with the daily chores that I set out to do that day.
The weekend has its own set of things. I do more and am more tired and can be exhausted at the end of the weekend and long for the weekday. I have to figure out the weekend and how I can pace it.
- Set realistic goal. I do not have a weight loss goal other than wanting to be healthy and eat healthy. Exercise as often as you can. Do the little things that can make a difference like taking the stairs, parking far away to walk and stretch while you are watching the television.
- Make life easy for you. Do things simple. Get things ready ahead of time so that you are ready to go and do not give up while looking for the water bottle or shoes.
- Plan ahead. I plan ahead my lunches and dinner each day so that I can make life easier and know what I make ahead of time.
- Take time to assess once a while. Look at what is working and what is not. Change it around so that it suits your life and needs. Meditate and breathe. Clear your mind and release all tension in your body.
- Get enough sleep and rest. Television has no real value at all. I would love to throw it out but there are other people in the house that I need to take consideration of. Drink enough water and I mean water and not soda or other things. I end what ever I do so that I am in bed at 930pm unless it is something that is really important which most probably is not.
- Clean the house a little each day so that you do not have a whole day of cleaning that needs to be done during the weekend. This would only tire and over whelm you. If you have several people in the house, make them help out and do not set the standard too high. No one is perfect and you don’t have to be the first one.
- The most important of all is to love yourself and to accept what is given to you. I know that my body will always have a bulging tummy due to my bone structure and I will never get a big ass. I still love it. You are unique and embrace it.